Are you a parent or student considering applying to the I-LEAD Charter School? If you are interested in applying to the I-LEAD Charter School, please contact the School directly at 1-855-453-2327 Ext. 209 to set up an in-person appointment. If you are under the age of 18, a parent or guardian must accompany you to the appointment. A completed Pre-Application Form for enrollment consideration can also be mailed to: I-LEAD Charter School Admissions Office 401 Penn Street Reading, PA 19601
- Parents/Legal Guardians will receive a phone call to attend an intake interview. Please fill out the Pre-Application Form prior to the appointment, and gather all of the documents that you will need for the interview (see below).
- Complete ILCS Application for Admission, all relevant forms, and the interview process. The Learner must be present during the interview. Learners under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. All documents must present during the interview. Any missing documents will result in an incomplete file, which will delay the enrollment process.
- Commitment to the ILCS Pledge by student and parent/guardian.
- Placement on our Waiting List: If there is full enrollment, students will have to wait until there is an available seat. A ticket with an assigned number will be provided.
- Enrollment upon available slot: The parent will be contacted when a seat is available, and student orientation will be scheduled.
- Orientation: Parent/Guardian must attend with Learner (this usually lasts about 3-4 hours). Congratulations and welcome to the I-LEAD Charter School!
Documents Needed for Intake and Enrollment Process
- Current ID
- Proof of Learner’s Age: The following documents are acceptable: birth certificate, passport, baptismal certificate, notarized legal statement by a parent, or prior school records.
- Proof of Residency in the Reading School District: The following current documents are acceptable: a deed or lease, utility bills, vehicle registration, driver’s license or other Department of Transportation identification.
- Current physical (given within last year) or confirmation of scheduled physical
- Proof of the child’s immunization status (i.e., physician’s statement or immunization/shot record)
- Relevant written medical information (e.g., allergies or medical conditions) plus details of all required treatments or accommodations.
- Unofficial school transcript
- Promotion Letter (Required only for 9th Grade). Parent must show proof that student has been promoted to 9th grade
- Most recent IEP (Individualized Education Program) Evaluation, if applicable
- ESL/ELA paperwork, if applicable
- Documents pertaining to legal guardian or foster parent status, if applicable
The following documents (available in English and Spanish) must also accompany the formal application:
- Completed ILCS Application for Admission.
- Completed Charter School Student Enrollment Notification Form (CSSENF)
- Release of Records Form
- Student Withdrawal Form, if applicable
- Signed ILCS Pledge to Build Community Through Personal Responsibility (by student and parent).
- Sworn Parental Discipline Disclosure — Required by Pennsylvania School Code 13-1304-A.
- Completed ILSC Home Language Survey — Required by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
Applications are not considered complete until the date that all forms are signed and all application requirements are satisfied.
For Additional Information:
Miriam Hernandez (1-855-453-2327 Ext. 209)