For the last ten years, over 40% of Reading youth have not graduated high school. Where are they now? Likely unemployed, uninsured, unhealthy or incarcerated. These young adults are lost to the system, lack adequate work skills, and don’t know where to go to get their lives back on track. The I-LEAD Charter School is one second-chance option for some of these forgotten ones to re-engage in education and direct themselves toward a more positive future.
City of Reading Education Facts:
- 40% of youth have not graduated high school over the last 10 years 40% 40%
- Less than 50% of high school graduates go to college 50% 50%
I-LEAD CHARTER SCHOOL ACCOMPLISHES ITS MISSION IN THREE WAYS:
- We help our students build and practice a repertoire of important leadership skills—the skills entailed in effective dialogue, negotiation, creative leadership, systems thinking, speaking as a leader, and ethical leadership.
- We help our students master certain bodies of supplemental information required for effective leadership, including knowledge of public systems, private systems, political leadership, group dynamics, and understanding technology.
- We assist our students in envisioning and achieving tangible community-based leadership initiatives, in the areas of community leadership, education, community health, and technology proficiency.